Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Words

I can't find the word's to say...
I'll try some out anyway.
It's sinking into me.
I can't find the words to say...
When will Hope find her way
into my arms (and heart) again?

Through my window to the world
I see snow in wind blown wild.
As you cradle soft my head
I find death inside a seed.

You are a shadow on the sun,
You are the hand that breaks my bone.
You are a light lost in the mist,
A fallen lion in the dust.

You are a tree in poison rain,
You are a train that never ran.
You are my spirit haunting ruin.
You are an end that's come too soon.

Old and new snow
with the wind blows
through the hollows
of my hills.
All my pride goes
like the tide flows.
My poor ego
is shot to hell.
So

Make me again from this clay.
Take it all in your hand and make me a new way.
Raise me up out of the dust
then draw me in close to breathe into my lungs.

Make me alive again.

No comments: