Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Dinosaur's Hymn

I fell into a crater
put there by the Creator.
He sent a fiery meteor,
a lovely falling star.

It blazed across the atmosphere
then shot straight to the ground.
It punched a hole into the heart
of a slightly younger Earth.

Now let's say a little prayer for the Dinosaur
who lived and died for our sake.
He left his body beneath the soil
that God then somehow changed to oil.
Then, with invention
of the combustion engine,
we were set free from our legs.
There's been a design
since the start of time.

I went into my heart
to meet up with my ghost.
We made a fiery toast
of bread and with wine.

We told ourselves we're doing fine
for the most part.
We've still got
some bad parts.

Oh, don't start all that up again!
Heaven's just not for me.
But I'll keep trying to be
heavenly.

Time will take us all.
We're all falling down that hourglass.
There's nothing you can do about that.
We're dust
riding on the winds within us
that blow when the burning of our hearts
meets the cold front of our brains.

No comments: