Sunday, September 28, 2008

Again Today

You're with me again today.
It's harder to live when you're away.
I know you won't stay.
But even for an hour
you know I would give all of my hours.
You take me from my head
and show me that I'm not so dead.
There is life in you
that keeps keeping me through.
Come on and start.
Get close to my heart.

It changes everything
just to hear your voice again
speaking sweetly to my ear.
I'll arrange my life
to keep you in it all the time.
It means so much to have you near.

I admit, I like your skin
and I've never felt like that's a sin.
Can we begin
to leave our shells behind.
I want to find
a better way in-
to your world my dear.
Let's strip down to our souls right here.
Can we shed our fear?
We're on each other's minds
and neither of us are the waiting kind.

(You're love's changing everything.)

No comments: