Friday, September 17, 2010

Buds

I watch wild limbs
conduct the wind
in their song
and we all sing along.
"sheh sheh sheh sheh"


Every person is a wave,
an oscillation,
a series of semi-circles,
a year of seasons in a day, a month a decade.


What a beautiful bird
What a beautiful arrow
and what a narrow path from my hand to its heart (breast).

What full hearted (breasted) bird
What a foolhardy sparrow
(who lets itself be lured by the bread that I left)


Come on, cut through me,
turn my soul into science,
display me in diagram
and cold calculation.
It's what I do to myself.


Let's make this easy
let's just make this right.
Don't want anything to get in the way
of holding you tightly to me.

Let's not let the fires in our minds
beat out the fires in our hearts.
Let's let love burn in our souls every day.

No comments: