Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Colors

I threw some color on my window
just to see what I would see
and with my fingers drew in shapes:
a scenery of trees
and a boy down on his knees
praying to god to give him answers,
his heart has got to know.

Then the light came in.

As brave as any mouse
I went up to the house
to receive my break of bread
and hear a good book read,
and see where my heart was led,
trying hard to put on chains
my mind broke from my legs.

Then the light came in.

Where do I go from here?
I can't live on a mountain top
isolated in an icy shell
insulated in the snow.
Where do I go?
Where do I go from here?

In the church there is a window
that turns light into a rainbow.
Blood that runs from my heart stains
the white world I've tried to make.
Where do I go?
Where do i go from here?

Let the light come in.

No comments: